[Video] Kids Konnect Covid Procedures Re-cap
Can you believe it’s been almost a year since California introduced its first stay-at-home order during the COVID-19 pandemic?
It’s been a crazy year, and we can now see a plan to get us back to normal. As more and more people get vaccinated and are able to go about their daily schedules, we are committed to keeping our Kid Konnect families safe.
We've learned a lot about the disease and how it effects child care settings. As things start to open up again, we want to let you know that we will continue to keep our families safe. Even though preschool aged children do not significantly catch or transmit COVID-19, we will keep up our current COVID-safety procedures until we know it is 100% safe.
Kids Konnect COVID-19 Safety Measures
As in the video above, Kids Konnect is doing the following:
- Sanitising all play areas, surface areas, door knobs and any commonly touched areas of our preschools. We use bleach & water solutions and antibacterial cleaning wipes
- Our staff must keep 6ft apart where possible, always wear masks and wear gloves when making food
- At drop off, it’s one family in the school at a time. Children will then have their temperature taken at the door and will then wash their hands
- Both staff and children will have their temperature taken twice in the day. If someone has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will be sent home until they have had a negative COVID test
- During the school day, children are kept in small groups and have the same teacher throughout the day
- Windows are kept own to encourage air flow
- We clean the toilets immediately after they’re used
- For our younger children, they sleep head to foot at nap time
We have even more precautions to make sure we limit the spread of COVID-19. Read them here.
Kids Konnect and Vaccinations
Child care providers are classed as essential workers and are eligible for their COVID-19 vaccination in phase 1b. Kids Konnect is encouraging all staff members to get vaccinated once they have been offered it. This is to keep all our families and staff safe.
In California, children over the age of 2 must wear masks. Our staff members are also wearing masks all day. This is for safety reasons, but it also reassures the children that wearing a mask isn’t an issue!
Children want to play with toys, and toys play an important role in our play-based curriculum. We clean our toys after every use and encourage children to regularly wash their hands. We don’t want hand washing to be a chore, so we’re taking the time to teach children how to wash their hands properly, sometimes with a song and a dance.
Thank You to Our Fellow Essential Workers
We want to take this moment to say a BIG THANK YOU to our amazing fellow essential workers who have kept us going throughout the pandemic. From doctors and nurses to grocery store workers, we cherish all the work you’re doing during the pandemic.
Book a tour
If you would like to experience Kid Konnect's Covid procedures first hand, please feel free to book a tour of our facilities. You must book a tour before you enroll your children.
Due to the pandemic, tours are limited to 20 minutes and must take place in after school hours. We’re sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for respecting our health & safety measures.