As our families will be aware, there are a number of additional COVID-19 safety procedures in effect at all Kids Konnect schools for the safety of our children, staff and their carers.
Here's a 5 minute overview of what we have put in place alongside offering our STEAM play-based curriculum.
The following precautions are being taken to mitigate and limit the spread of infection:
Reinforcing social and physical distancing
- Model social distancing when interacting with children, families, and staff.
- Role-play what social distancing looks like by demonstrating the recommended distance.
- Give frequent verbal reminders to children.
- Read scripted stories and use visual reminders, signage and direct instruction to reinforce social distancing, handwashing, proper etiquette for sneezes, coughs, etc.
Practicing healthy hygiene
- Teach, model, and reinforce healthy habits and social skills.
- Explain to children why it’s not healthy to share drinks or food, particularly when sick.
- Practice frequent handwashing by teaching a popular child-friendly song or counting to 20 (handwashing should last 20 seconds).
- Teach children to use tissue to wipe their nose and to cough inside their elbow.
- Model and practice handwashing before and after eating, after coughing or sneezing, after playing outside, and after using the restroom.
Watch: How to wash your hands
Implementing procedures to frequently clean all touched surfaces
- Have multiple toys and manipulatives accessible that are easy to clean and sanitize throughout the day.
- Limit the amount of sharing.
- Offer more opportunities for individual play and solo activities, such as fine motor activities (i.e., drawing, coloring, cutting, puzzles, and other manipulatives).
- Plan activities that do not require close physical contact between multiple children.
- Stagger indoor and outdoor play and adjust schedules to reduce the number of children in the same area.
- Designate a tub for toys that need to be disinfected after use.
- Sanitize the sink and toilet handles before and after each child’s use.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds and use paper towels (or single use cloth towels) to dry hands thoroughly.
Read more about our other program updates due to COVID-19.