Planning to stay in Pacifica during the holidays? Perhaps you're looking forward to some family time at the beach, hiking a trail, or biking or picnicking together. Pacifica holiday events offer another way to celebrate the season and spend some quality time together. Here are 3 awesome events you might like to attend.
Rockaway Beach Tree Lighting Ceremony
Starting at 4 p.m.on December 4 at Rockaway Beach, children can wait for Santa, who arrives on an antique fire truck at five o'clock. After telling him all about the holiday gifts they want, they can have their photo taken. At six, everyone can watch the lighting of the holiday tree in the Rockaway Beach Plaza. In addition to Santa and the tree lighting, your family can enjoy these other activities:
- Free cable cars starting at 3:30 p.m. from Pacifica Community Center or Roberts Road to Rockaway Beach.
- Live music.
- Live radio broadcast from 98.1 the Breeze.
- Performances by local school students.
- Pony rides.
- Snow flurries.
- Food from four food trucks.
- Free holiday cutouts for photo shoots.
- Disney character appearances.
- Activities, games and treats from local merchants.
- Arts and crafts activities.
- Chance to climb aboard an antique firetruck.
- Shop for holiday gifts from shops and vendors.
Even better, you will be able to enjoy the beginning of the holiday season with friends and neighbors in the community. Chances are, you may even see some friend or teachers from Kids Konnect while you are there!
Begin the Pacifica holiday events season with a weekend of family fun at the Pacifica Community Center on Friday, December 2nd, and Saturday, December 3rd. This local event began in the 1970s as a venue for children to be able to buy inexpensive gifts for their family and friends during the holidays. The event has become so popular that vendor spots fill up quickly. Here are the tree Holiday Extravaganza events for this year:
- Holiday Lighting: This annual tradition is over 20 years old and includes refreshments, a visit from Santa and school children singing. Additionally, Pacifica's Poet Laureate, Dorsetta Hale, will be reading one of her poems as a special treat. This year the event takes place on Friday, December 2 at 5:30.
- Santa's Workshop: Saturday, December 3 from 11 to 2. Don't have time or talent to teach your child how to make a gingerbread house? For only $5, your child will be able to make — from scratch — their own gingerbread house. No kits used here! In fact, they will even get to use real, homemade frosting. In addition, your child can do a holiday craft and, of course, visit with Santa.
- Elf Market: No Pacifica holiday events would be complete without a chance to shop for holiday presents for friends and relatives. Over 50 vendors from Pacifica and surrounding communities will be on hand to show their handmade goods and products. You can shop knowing that your purchases of crafts, artwork and snacks go to support local artists and craftspeople. This unique holiday craft fair is open on Friday, December 2 from 6-9 p.m. and Saturday, December 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
These Pacifica holiday events will all be held at the Pacifica Community Center, which is located at 540 Crespi Drive.
Under the Sea Ball
Do you have a child who loves to dance? Enjoys dressing up for a party or always wanted to go to a ball? A wonderful holiday present would be tickets to our Pacifica holiday events ball where chaperones take their 5- to 10-year-old child on a special date to enjoy:
- Dancing to fun music.
- Playing age-appropriate activities.
- Enjoying light refreshments .
This year the event theme is "Under the Sea" and intended to be a whimsical way for parents and children to create special memories together as they dance to fun music surrounded by sea themed decorations. Tickets are $35 for a couple (non-gender and non-parent specific). Each adult can also purchase one additional youth ticket for an additional $10. The event will be held at the Pacifica Community Center Auditorium from 5:00 to 7:45 on January 21.
Be sure to pre-register because this popular event sells out quickly.
Pacifica holiday events create memories
The gift of your time is what your child will remember most from this holiday season, so why not take the time to get away from the other stresses of the season by enjoying one of these Pacifica holiday events? Chances are, you will find it's your best memory of this holiday, too. Which event do you plan to attend?